Call to order by Rick Little @ 5:30, 5 budget members in attendance
Consideration of Minutes:
Motion by Dick to accept
Seconded By Richard Merz
Unfinished Business- none
Capital Code 90 yellow tab
-Vic talked about carryovers, announced when appropriate
– Parks and Rec. $7000+
- Police Dept. up to $3000, but has a carry over of $3100
- Fire dept. increase of $2000 for a roof
- Highway carry over of $28,000 (accrued fund)
- 90-06, 90-08 nothing there, no activity 90-06 $15,000 sealing Parking lot for fire dept.
- 90-08, Cornwall Preserve, $18,000, was supposed to be rolled through.
- Road Construction Carry- $209,000
- 80-10- increase of 4500 for copier
- 80-10 software $9000 for software updates (Trio)carry over of $2000
- Vic discussed his plan to replace plow- trucks from a 4 year cycle to a 3 year cycle.
- Rick voiced concern about lack of capitol funds for some such as the Library. Place money into accounts for capitol improvements (library)
- Highway equipment, carry of $10,000, plus $10, 000 this year, $40,000 increase for equipment.
- Vic discussed equipment for the roads, we should get our capital needs where they need to be.
- $53, 000 for new Fire Dept. vehicle
- 2 fire department lines were combined, carry over- 95 line is called “grant match”$8,000 and $3773 on other line.
- catch basins paid out of the 90-96 account, we would like to get them done by April.
- Expense total 2019: $7,278, 57, + $146,230
Revenue: Green tab
- Vic explained the thought process, tax commitment and projected revenues. Try to be conservative.
- agent fees for renewal of vehicles up $1400
- Revenue sharing could increase.
- MDOT UP
- Vic explained “state aid roads”, reimbursement
- Homestead reimbursement up $92,000, should move from 50% to 60+%
- Fairview cemetery takeover $100,000 in the fund for upkeep. Vic wants to take $1,500 from that account this year for upkeep.
- 2019 $1,739,489, +$137,295
- Dick asked about property tax revenue
- Vic explained tax commitment and mill rate.
- $6,200,000 million has come through the town office so far.
- next meeting on the 4th
- next week will will add calculating mill rate into conversation.
- The board will begin discussing the $217,000
Motion to Close: Dick @6:35
Seconded by: Richard
All in Favor
Submitted by Michael Lance