Welcome to Paris Maine!
Special Town Meeting 10/26/2020
Special Town Meeting on 10/26/2020 at the Paris Fire Station at 6pm. Please see the downloadable warrant and agenda below:
Annual Free Coat Drive – Request Form
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic the Town of Paris will be changing the way in which we conduct our annual Free Coat Drive. Unfortunately, we are unable to have residents come in and browse the Coat selection, per usual. This year we will provide a form that will allow residents to request the number of coats for people in their household (we ask that residents only request one coat per household member). This form will also provide a section to provide information regarding the sex, color, and size needed for the coats.
The Town of Paris will try our best to meet the needs of all requests, but coats will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. The Town of Paris will notify you if we run out of coats in your specified size.
Once we receive request forms we will notify you of a time and date to pick up your coats. Applications are now available at the link below, or you can pick one up at the Town Office. The coats will be available a few weeks after. We thank you for your cooperation while we try to provide coats in a different and safe manner!
Absentee Ballots Available
Absentee Ballots are now available for pick up. You are welcome to go online, come into the office, or give us a call at 207-743-2501 to fill out an application to receive an absentee ballot. You are also able to vote absentee in the Town Office.
Here is a link you can use for more information, and to fill out the application online:
Please see the video below for information on Ranked-Choice Voting:
Foreclosed properties for sale by bid
NOTICE OF TAX SALE
The Municipal Officers of the Town of Paris, Maine is accepting bids for the sale of the following properties. These properties were acquired through foreclosure from tax liens filed in accordance with Title 36 M.R.S.A. section 942 and 943.
** EDIT: The listing for “Property is located at 48 Paris Hill Road on Map: U-14-07 – minimum bid: $6,169.04″ was mislabeled as “Property is located at 28 Paris Hill Road on Map: U-14-07 – minimum bid: $6,169.04″. We apologize for any inconveniences or confusion.**
Property listings with minimum bid amounts:
Property is located at 48 Paris Hill Road on Map: U-14-07 – minimum bid: $6,169.04
Property is located at 278 Ryerson Hill Road on Map: R-10-82 – minimum bid: $4,775.52
Property is located at 26 Oxford Street on Map: U-11-22 – minimum bid: $10,058.41
Property is located at 164 Alpine Street on Map: U-03-02 – minimum bid: $24,831.83
Property is located at 156 Alpine Street on Map: U- 03- 01 – minimum bid: $20,280.01
Property is located at 295 Mount Mica Road on Map: R-14-04 – minimum bid: $11,704.47
Property is located at 2 Upper Swallow Road on Map: R-04-25.3 – minimum bid: $3,835.16
Property is located at 24 Madison Drive on Map: R-02-27.4A – minimum bid $4,541.12
Land is located off Moody Brook Road on Map: R-16-17 – minimum bid: $1,184.50
Land is located off Ryerson Hill Road on Map: R-16-30.2 – minimum bid: $6,111.70
All bids must be by map and lot number. The deadline for submitting bids shall be 10am October 19th, 2020. Bids will be open at that time. Late bids will not be opened or considered. Tax maps and other public information concerning these properties may be reviewed at the town office during normal business hours.
Other Bid Rules
- Each bid must be in writing and sealed in an envelope marked “Tax Sale Bid” along with the map and lot number.
- Each bidder is encouraged to check with all other possible utilities, i.e. PUD.
- Bids must include the bidder’s name, mailing address and phone number.
- Bids must be accompanied by a deposit of 10% of the amount bid. The deposit must be in a bank check or money order (no personal checks) payable to the Town of Paris. Deposits of unsuccessful bidders will be returned to the bidder. The deposit of the successful bidder will be applied to the property purchase price bid.
- Any bid that does not contain the proper deposit will be rejected.
- Bids must be delivered in person the Paris Town Office or mailed to the Town of Paris 33 Market Square, South Paris, ME 04281.
Bids will be awarded by The Municipal Officers at their regular meeting to be held on Monday, October 26, 2020 at 6:30pm. The Select Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
- The successful bidder shall have twenty (20) calendar days from the date of bid acceptance in which to complete the purchase. In the event that the successful bidder fails, for any reason, to complete the purchase in the time stated, the bid acceptance is void and bidder’s deposit shall be forfeited to the Town.
- At completion of the purchase the property will be conveyed by a quit-claim deed without covenants. The successful bidder shall pay one-half of the property transfer tax.
- Any property with occupants shall be the responsibility of the successful bidder of that property.
- In the event that the successful bidder does not complete the above terms of purchase the Municipal Officers may negotiate a sale of the property with any or all unsuccessful bidders, hold a second sale, or retain the property for disposal.
By: Paris Board of Selectmen
Dated: September 14, 2020
Town of Paris
Candidates must be able to perform heavy physical labor and work as a team member. Duties include, but not limited to: Cutting brush, Patching Roads, Sweeping Street, Installation of culverts, Plowing snow and Sanding Roads.
Applicant must have a CDL license in good standing, minimum of 2 years’ experience, and high school diploma or equivalent. Public works maintenance and equipment operation experience desirable, but will train the right person. Candidate must be willing to work in all weather conditions and overtime as required.
The Town of Paris offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes: Competitive salary package, Paid medical and dental, Vacation and sick leave, Retirement plans and Paid holidays.
Resumes should be marked “Laborer” Town of Paris, 33 Market Square, South Paris, Maine 04281 or electronically to email@example.com. Resumes and Cover Letter will be accepted until a qualified candidate is found.
Paris is an EOE
Town Reports Available at Town Office
The FY 18-19 Paris Town Reports are now available at the Paris Town Office, or you can download a PDF version here:
Hours as of June 1, 2020
The Paris Town Office has returned to regular business hours as of Monday, June 1, 2020. Hours will be 8:00 am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. We do not do new vehicle registrations or transfers after 4pm.
The town will be following CDC guidelines, requesting that people remain six feet apart and that only three visitors at a time will be allowed at the front counter area.
Visitors may enter at the front of the building on Main Street side.
We request that visitors wear masks when entering the building.
There is no public restroom access at this time.